Natural Calf™ 20-15 Milk Replacer (Non-Medicated)
Hi-Pro Natural Calf™ 20-15 Milk Replacer is a high-performing nutritional alternative for dairy and beef calves.
Click here for a downloadable PDF feed tag.
|GREENLINE™ Additive||A natural dietary additive which results in greater gains, improved health, and a faster start.|
|Contains Glymaxene™, a patented process, as an alternative protein source.||Improves digestibility of soy protein, reduces antigens found in soy protein which can cause calf scours, and reduced lactose levels which assists in preventing calf scours.|
|Slightly higher fiber levels than an all-milk protein milk replacer.||Assists in reducing the incidence of calf scours.|
- Use the plastic cup provided to measure the milk replacer powder.
- Add 1 full cup (10 ounces) of dry milk replacer powder to approximately 1 ½ quarts of 110-120°F water.
- Mix thoroughly and add 110-120°F water to bring to a total volume of 2 quarts of milk replacer solution.
- Large Batches: Mix 6 ¼ pounds (10 full cups) of milk replacer powder into approximately four gallons of 110-120°F water. Mix thoroughly and add 110-120°F water to bring to a total volume of five gallons of milk replacer solution.
- Feed each calf according to the schedule listed below.
Large Breeds: Feed two quarts reconstituted liquid milk replacer and twice a day.
Small Breeds: Feed 1 ½ – 2 quarts reconstituted milk replacer twice a day.
In extremely cold weather, it may be beneficial to feed another feeding of calf milk replacer in the middle of the day. Add ½ cup of milk replacer powder to 1 quart of 110-120°F water, mix and feed to 1 calf at midday.
- Feed newborn calves three quarts of high-quality warm colostrum via nipple bottle within one hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later (or) feed four quarts of high-quality warm colostrum by esophageal feeder within one hour of birth and repeat 12 hours later via nipple bottle as much as they will consume.
- Consult with your veterinarian on a dry cow and calf vaccination program including but not limited to E. Coli, rota and coronavirus, clostridium, and salmonella.
- For best mixing, continuously stir with wire whip while adding the powder to 100-120°F water (hot as you can tolerate on your hand). Use correct water temperature to avoid product separation. Feed milk replacer at 90-100°F.
- Begin feed milk replacer on day 2 and provide fresh, clean water along with high quality, palatable HI-PRO FEEDS calf starter on a free-choice basis.
- Observe calves closely during the milk replacer feeding period. Avoid underfeeding, which may result in starvation, or over-consumption which may increase the incidence of scours.
- Continue to feed milk replacer until the calf is consuming a minimum of 1 ½ pounds of calf starter per day, which usually occurs at 4-6 weeks of age.
|Crude Protein (min)||20.0%||Phosphorus (min)||0.70%|
|Crude Fat (min)||15.0%||Vitamin A (min)||20,000 IU/lb|
|Crude Fiber (max)||0.5 %||Vitamin D(little 3) (min)||5,000 IU/lb|
|Calcium (min)||0.75%||Vitamin E (min)||100 IU/lb|
- Friona, TX
- Comanche, TX
Find Your Hi-Pro Dealer.
Ready to make Hi-Pro work for you? We’re glad to hear it.