Fly Buster 30% for All Classes of Cattle
Click here for a downloadable PDF feed tag.
This pesticide product is to be used as a cattle feed-through pesticide for the control of horn flies. All feed ingredients listed on this product label must adhere to the specifications and limits (if applicable) ascribed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for cattle feed use when mixed with this pesticide. This product contains ethoxyquin, a preservative. The amount of ethoxyquin may vary according to the individual manufacturer’s formulation and will not exceed the 150 ppm maximum limit established for ethoxyquin by FDA, per 21 CFR 573.380.
FEEDING AND MANAGEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Feed this product to cattle only. When used as directed, Fly Buster 30% will provide sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of Fly Buster 30% per 100 lbs. of cattle body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for a 1,000 pound cow.
To open: Remove top plastic cover.
1. Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding Fly Buster 30%.
2. This product contains added copper. Do not feed to cattle in close proximity to sheep or other species that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
3. Offer cattle 1 tub of Fly Buster 30% for every 15-25 head of cattle.
4. Remove all other self limiting nutritional supplements while the cattle are consuming this product.
5. Locate Fly Buster 30% where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish Fly Buster 30% on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of Fly Buster 30% is below 0.8 ounces per 100
pounds cattle body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
8. If intake of Fly Buster 30% is above 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds cattle body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
9. Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly population is desired.
|Crude Protein (min)
Not more than 10% equivalent protein from non-protein nitrogen
|30.0%||Manganese (min)||800 ppm|
|Crude Fat (min)||4.0%||Copper (min)||250 ppm|
|Crude Fiber (min)||2.5%||Cobalt (min)||5 ppm|
|Calcium (min)||2.0%||Iodine (min)||20 ppm|
|Calcium (max)||3.0%||Selenium (min)||6 ppm|
|Phosphorous (min)||1.0%||Vitamin A (min)||100,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium (min)||1.0%||Vitamin D3 (min)||15,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium (min)||3.0%||Vitamin E (min)||20 IU/lb|
|Zinc (min)||1,000 ppm||Total Sugars (min)
|Active Ingredient:||(S) – Methoprene|
|(CAS # 65733-16-6)||0.005%|
Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage or disposal.
Storage: Store Fly Buster 30% in a cool dry place.
Pesticide Disposal: Wastes resulting from the use of this product may be disposed of on site or at an approved waste disposal facility.
Container Handling: Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill this container. Offer for recycling if available, or puncture and dispose of in a sanitary landfill or by incineration or if allowed by state and local authorities by burning. If burned, stay out of smoke.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Find Your Hi-Pro Dealer.
Ready to make Hi-Pro work for you? We’re glad to hear it.