Click here to apply now!
Permanent employee, full-time. Comanche, TX.
Hi-Pro Feeds is an innovator of animal nutrition and feed manufacturing. We provide the highest quality feed products and nutritional support to livestock and dairy producers.
Be an integral part of our mission
We are currently seeking a full-time Quality Technician at our Hi-Pro Feeds production facility in Comanche, TX. Primary duties will include NIR testing of Grains and Feed, mycotoxin testing, inbound commodity testing, outbound finished feed testing and assisting with data entry. Also responsible for other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
What you bring:
- Maintain laboratory supplies (inventory, ordering, stock levels), ensure the level of consumables and disposables are sufficient for the day-to-day operation of the laboratory.
- Perform administrative tasks to support the operation of the laboratory.
- Good housekeeping and waste management, ensuring the laboratory environment is clean, safe, and compliant with good laboratory standards at all times.
- Manage the logistics process of samples (fetching, delivering, and storage) in order to support an efficient testing process, preventing delays in the testing and/or production process.
Quality Control and Testing
- Receive and clear product samples, performs dosing of the samples and performs standard analysis (moisture content, nutrient composition, protein content and the like) on these, based on established rules and procedures.
- Document the test results and reports defects and problems to internal stakeholders.
- Storage of the samples according to procedure.
- Register analysis results accurately and timely in the relevant quality or reporting systems, in order to provide insight and access to the test results and measurements at all times.
- Perform all tests and measurements in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at the laboratory.
- Comply with legal and company rules and procedures in the areas of quality, safety and environment.
- Responsible for the tools and instruments used; setting-up and adjusting equipment at the prescribed values.
- Perform first line maintenance and cleaning of equipment and instruments, in order to prevent disruptions in the testing processes and to ensure continuous quality and reliability of test results. Identifies required maintenance and / or inspection to supervisor
Education, Certification and Mastery level usage of tools
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous background or working experience in the agricultural industry preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs
- NIR experience
- Experience testing Grain and Feed
Why you will love working with us:
We work on onsite- Monday -Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm and 1 or 2 Saturday mornings of Overtime
· PTO, 401k, IRA, paid holidays, medical, vision, dental, disability, life insurance, HSA, FSA, and Tuition Reimbursement
Our Approach to Diversity and Inclusion
At Nutreco, we aim for our teams to reflect the diverse and global society we live and work in, and to be the change we want to see. We want everyone to thrive in an environment where we feel valued and respected, in a culture that brings out the best in all of us.
At Nutreco, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do, and together, we will continue to shape a brighter future for food production.
Please note that candidates applying to US job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.Employer Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Click here to apply now!