Click here to apply.
The Purchasing Specialist ensures that a business is able to acquire needed supplies, materials and other relevant items, following a strict budget and keeping records of all the transactions, including purchasing complex items, with detailed specifications. The Purchasing Specialist researches and identifies prospective suppliers, evaluate their offering against key business criteria and the required product specifications, and negotiate purchase agreements. The Purchasing Specialist will also be responsible for ensuring timely deliveries and resolving any supply issues or discrepancies. The role reviews and approves purchase requisitions and monitors market trends and conditions.
The Purchasing Specialist is a seasoned professional involved in developing specifications and performing analysis to balance the value of competing bids.
The Purchasing Specialist supports senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
· Define purchasing strategy and purchasing plan for category consistent with the business strategy of the Business Groups and Nutreco Corporate Procurement Strategies and Policies (e.g. Sustainable Procurement Strategy)
· Participate actively in purchasing projects concerning opportunities and saving improvements in assigned categories
· Reviews order requests to ensure timeliness, and accuracy
· Create and administers contract purchase orders from bookings
· Reviews daily formulation requests, ensuring accuracy, legality, and our ability to manufacture as formulated
Data collection, analyses and reporting
· Provide data and ensure data (e.g. Master Data) is correctly reported in standard procurement system in order to deliver consistent management information (IT/IM management systems)
· Perform analysis to identify potential improvements within the category
· Perform industry and market analysis and process into management information
Contract & Supplier Management
· Build and maintain market reference data and market intelligence infrastructure
· Executes vendor ratings
· Conduct (financial) analysis of comparative bids
· Support negotiations of business terms and conditions and support in contracting processes
· Maintain and help to build supplier relationships
· Participate actively in projects and give support to the development of the Nutreco Corporate Procurement organization
Trouw Nutrition is the global leader in innovative feed specialties, premixes and nutritional services for the animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition provides species-specific nutritional solutions consisting of feed concepts, products and nutritional know-how. The unique combination of products, models and services Trouw Nutrition offers, boosts productivity and supports animal health through all life stages, contributing to our customers’ peace of mind. Trouw Nutrition’s nutrition solutions have met the need of farmers and home-mixers, feed producers, integrators and distributors. Trouw Nutrition has locations in 25 countries and around 5000 employees. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trouw Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Trouw Nutrition is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
Click here to apply.