Click here to apply now!
Hi-Pro Feeds is an innovator of animal nutrition and feed manufacturing. We provide the highest quality feed products and nutritional support to livestock and dairy producers.
We are currently searching for a Part Time Laboratory Assistant at our Hi-Pro Feeds production facility in Friona TX. Primary duties will include assisting with data entry utilizing NIR testing, data entry, and sample preparation. Also responsible for other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Takes care of the laboratory supplies (inventory, ordering, stock levels), making sure that the level of consumables and disposables is sufficient for the day-to-day operation of the laboratory
- Performs administrative tasks to support the operation of the laboratory
- Takes care of good housekeeping and waste management, ensuring that the laboratory environment is clean, safe and compliant with good laboratory standards at all times
- Takes care of the logistics process of samples (fetching, delivering, and storage) in order to support an efficient testing process, preventing delays in the testing and/or production process
Quality control and testing:
- Receives and clears product samples, performs dosing of the samples and performs standard analysis (moisture content, composition, protein content and the like) on these, based on established rules and procedures
- Documents the test results, reporting defects and problems to internal stakeholders
- Storage of the samples according to procedure
- Registers analysis results accurately and timely in the relevant quality or reporting systems, in order to provide insight and access to the test results and measurements at all times
- Able to provide instant feedback and interpret results based off of company specifications and customer needs.
- Reports any nonconforming products to supervisor after verifying results.
- Performs all tests and measurements in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at the laboratory
- Complies with legal and company rules and procedures in the areas of quality, safety and environment
- Responsible for the tools and instruments used; setting-up and adjusting equipment at prescribed values
- Performs first line maintenance and cleaning of equipment and instruments, in order to prevent disruptions in the testing processes and to ensure continuous quality and reliability of test results. Identifies required maintenance and / or inspection to supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous background or working experience in the agricultural industry preferred
- Administrative or Quality experience preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and email programs.
Trouw Nutrition is the global leader in innovative feed specialties, premixes and nutritional services for the animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition provides species-specific nutritional solutions consisting of feed concepts, products and nutritional know-how. The unique combination of products, models and services Trouw Nutrition offers, boosts productivity and supports animal health through all life stages, contributing to our customers’ peace of mind. Trouw Nutrition’s nutrition solutions have met the need of farmers and home-mixers, feed producers, integrators and distributors. Trouw Nutrition has locations in 25 countries and around 5000 employees. Our mission is Feeding the Future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Trouw Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Trouw Nutrition is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
Click here to apply now!