Click here to apply now.
We have an opening at our Comanche, TX facility for a Formulator. This position is responsible for ensuring the continuity of supply chain requirements, accurate formulation, and pricing of nutritional products manufactured at Hi-Pro Feeds facilities in order to to meet Customer and Hi-Pro Feeds business goals and objectives. The Formulator works in collaboration with all areas of the business including Pricing, Production, Procurement, Nutrition, Sales, Customer Service, and Quality Assurance.
- Build new and maintain existing diets
- Least cost formulation of feed formulas, auditing of feed programs, and challenging ingredient and nutrient constraints
- Capture Formulation cost-saving metrics
- New products setup and associated entries in accounting software and batching equipment
- Creation and maintenance of formulation-related standard operating procedures
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Ag Business or relevant experience.
- High attention to detail and accuracy; strong problem solving skills
- Skilled in handling large data sets in spreadsheet platforms
- Knowledge of and ability to work with numbers and unit conversions.
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications and e-mail programs.
- Adaptable; receptive to new ideas; Flexible: willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work with other departmental teams
- Ability to travel occasionally
This is a full-time position, located in Comanche, TX or Friona, TX.
Hi-Pro offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
Click here to apply now.
About Trouw Nutrition
Trouw Nutrition has a 90-year history of dedication to innovation and deep experience in developing smarter and more sustainable ways of raising healthy farm animals and companion animals. Our team of 8,300 passionate people in 32 countries relentlessly pursue solutions to the challenges facing our feed-to-food chain to help our customers Feed the Future.
Our broad portfolio of feed specialties, feed additives, premixes and nutritional models and services, along with our ever-increasing expertise in feed, farm and health makes us a one-stop-shop with limitless opportunities to create tailored, integrated solutions suited to each customer’s local situation.
Trouw Nutrition is part of Nutreco, global leader in animal nutrition and aquafeed, which in turn is part of the SHV Family of Companies, unifying over 50,000 people around the world.