To apply for this position, click here.
Hi-Pro Feeds USA, a Trouw Nutrition USA Company, is looking for a Bulk Logistics Coordinator in Friona, TX. The Bulk Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the Inventory and logistics function of Hi-Pro Feeds, LLC, to ensure safe, efficient and effective distribution processes to optimally support Hi-Pro’s production and delivery of products to the manufacturing locations according to the agreed standards and time frames. This position plans, coordinates and organizes expedition activities by outsourcing, so that deliveries are taking place safely, at the expected compliant and quality, in time and at minimal logistics costs.
The Bulk Logistics Coordinator is responsible for inventory management and arranging transportation of materials and products from the vendor locations to Hi-Pro manufacturing locations to optimize service and cost. This includes making all necessary arrangements to order and or transport ingredients from the vendor locations, determining the most effective mode of transportation, negotiating arrangements with carriers and the responsibility for the planning/ scheduling of all shipments and arranging required documentation. This position works closely with the Purchase Agents. The responsibilities of the Bulk Logistics Coordinator may include the management and coordination of 3rd party logistic service providers/ carriers. The role covers land transport.
Logistics / Transport Management:
- Manages inventory as well as transport and distribution services including storing, shipping, handling of goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met
- Ensures preparation of schedules of deliveries and discuss with logistic companies / suppliers the amount of required logistic services
- Ensures the required transport and shipping documents are available and completed
- Ensure correct composition, sequence and freight implementation of transports and an efficient routing
- Maximizes delivery efficiency and pickup/delivery performance. The scope of movements includes all items moving between vendor and Hi-Pro’s manufacturing locations.
- Reviews and monitor daily, weekly, and monthly reports to ensure logistics / inventory needs are meeting expectation and to identify areas of variance requiring attention and correction; implement corrective action as appropriate. Monitors the performance and makes adjustments as necessary
- Continuously reviews distribution methods, techniques and procedures, service providers & costs in order to proactively initiate changes to supply chain channels & ensure products are warehoused and distributed effectively at least cost, while supporting efficient customer service. Make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve warehousing and logistics
- Monitors KPIs on performance of the department and of suppliers monitored versus contract to drive performance for Nutreco
- Propose improvement and drive improvement projects to increase performance on safety, quality, compliance and cost or service.
- Ensures the truck fleet and all processes and procedures are compliant with insurance, legal licensing requirements and with any national, state and local regulations. Ensures quality and food safety requirements are followed for all products during storage, transit, pickup, and delivery.
- Ensures safe practices are followed at all times. Immediately address any and all unsafe work conditions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred but not required
- At least 2-4 year experience in logistics preferred
- Strong Computer skills specifically proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to work with other departmental teams
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Adaptable; receptive to new ideas, Flexible; willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.