You can apply for this position here.
Hi-Pro Feeds USA Safety Coordinator
Hi-Pro Feeds USA / Trouw Nutrition USA is the global leader in vitamin premixes, innovative feed specialties and nutritional solutions for the livestock and companion animal nutrition industry. Trouw Nutrition USA is a subsidiary of Nutreco, one of the top ten global nutrition companies in the world. We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a small town but be part of a global organization of over 60,000 employees worldwide.
We have an opening at our facility in Friona, Texas for an experienced Safety Coordinator. This position will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring Hi-Pro’s HSE Program for all Hi-Pro Feeds USA locations, which assures that the production processes and operation of the company meet or exceed safety expectations of management and Nutreco and are compliant with legislation and compliance.
This role manages the safety aspects of the business working closely with Operations, Quality and Management. Regular communication with Operations (Production, Warehouse, and Maintenance), Quality, Sales, Procurement, Finance, and all employees is essential to ensure the company’s safety objectives are achieved. Must be able to successfully execute projects with and without support from other departments. This position reports to US HSEQ Manager (Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager) at Hi-Pro Feeds USA.
- Manage all HSE related functions under guidance of the US HSEQ Manager
- Promotes safe workplace and safety culture
- Assists with risk assessments and corrective actions
- Conduct internal safety audits and inspections
- Implements and oversees the HSE management system
- Assists with incidents investigation and performs root cause analysis
- Involved in reviewing Capital expenditures
- Create and review safety programs, work instructions and policy.
- Implement training programs and reporting
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Ag Science, HSE and/or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of feed milling, HSE or Industrial Operations
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Willingness to travel to all Hi-Pro Feeds sites
- Time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn new things quickly
- Computer literate in e-mail programs, word processing and excel applications including charts and graphs safety management systems
- Strong safety training skills
OSHA 10 HR Certification
OSHA 30 HR Certification
This position is located in Friona, Texas.
Trouw Nutrition USA offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurances and a 401(k) plan with generous company matching funds that are vested immediately. Benefits are available immediately upon the employee’s hire date.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
You can apply for this position here.